Providing customers with engineering services is a critical offering of Avon Engineering. Our engineering team employs time tested design practices and strict compliance to industry standards.
Avon Engineering actively participates in leading professional organizations such as:
- Association for Iron and Steel Technology (AIST) – Cranes Technology Committee, AIST Technical Report No. 6
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA) – Overhead Traveling Cranes Technical Committee, CSA Standard B167
- Crane Manufacturers Association of America (CMAA) – Cranes Technical Committee, CMAA Specification No. 70
Avon Engineering service engineers and inspectors comply with Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Industrial Establishments, Reg. 851, Section 51 (1), along with ASME Specification BTH-1: Design of Below-the-Hook Lifting Devices.
Key engineering services that are provided by Avon Engineering include:
- Fall arrest systems for overhead cranes
- On site inspection and certification of below-the-hook lifting equipment
- Failure evaluation
- Reverse engineering
We welcome the opportunity to review with you any issues or opportunities that you may have. Please contact us to learn more about Avon Engineering.